“Warner Bros. Home Entertainment provided me with a free copy of the Blu-ray I reviewed in this Blog Post. The opinions I share are my own.”
Supergirl flies into your home with the release of “Supergirl: The Complete First Season.” Melissa Benoist stars as Kara Zor-El Superman’s crime-fighting cousin in the hit CBS television show. Benoist is perfectly cast and brings the perfect blend of wholesomeness and badassery to the role of Krypton’s last living female.
When the show premiered in October 2015 it was an immediate smash hit with both girls and boys and became must see family viewing as well. Warner Bros. has done everything right with this show including the much anticipated “Supergirl/Flash” crossover episode that is included in this Blu-Ray set.
Watching “Supergirl” will have you scratching your head and wondering why Warner Brother’s recent big screen superhero movies (Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Suicide Squad) aren’t anywhere near as good as what’s happening in the small screen DC Universe.
“Supergirl: The Complet First Season” is jam packed with bonus features that include:
- 2015 Comic-Con Panel: Warner Bros. Television Presents a Night of DC Entertainment at Comic-Con 2015: Supergirl
- The Man From Mars: Superman once described J’onn J’onzz as “the most powerful being on the face of the Earth.” This documentary will explore J’onn J’onzz’s current circumstances on Supergirl as the alien who swore an oath to a dying father to protect his daughters.
- A World Left Behind: Krypton: Kara Zor-El’s home planet of Krypton was destroyed in the opening minutes of the pilot. It was a spectacular, futuristic society filled with mystery and intrigue! This documentary will explore the history of this famous planet and its role and depiction in Supergirl.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
All 20 Episodes include:
- Stronger Together
- Fight or Flight
- How Does She Do It?
- Red Faced
- Human for a Day
- Hostile Takeover
- Blood Bonds
- Childish Things
- Strange Visitor from Another Planet
- For the Girl Who Has Everything
- Truth, Justice and The American Way
- Worlds Finest
- Better Angels
If you missed “Supergirl” when it originally debuted then this is the perfect way for the whole family to catch up on all of her adventures in time for the Season 2 premiere on the CW this Fall.
Pat Francis currently hosts the popular comedy/music podcast “Rock Solid,” called 1 of the 8 great music podcasts to put in your ears by USA Today and featuring artists such as Melissa Etheridge, Sammy Hagar and Susanna Hoffs. His frequent appearances on Jimmy Pardo’s top rated podcast “Never Not Funny” are fan favorites. Pat began his entertainment career as a stand-up comic in Chicago, IL. After touring the country and performing in 42 states at comedy clubs and colleges, he relocated to Los Angeles, CA. There he appeared as a comedian on Comedy Central, AMC, the UCB and is a yearly regular at the San Francisco Sketchfest. For the past 5 years he has also served as Co-Host of the yearly event Pardcast-A-Thon which to date has raised over 700,000 for Smile Train. When not entertaining people in person he also makes his living as a Story Producer for reality television programs. It is also important to know that Pat is a monkey in a human mask.