He is one of the hottest starts in Hollywood right now, but there’s a lot more to Bradley Cooper than meets the eye.
Ever since his first major film role in Wedding Crashers, Cooper has gone on to enjoy unrivaled success across a number of films and various other projects.
But it wasn’t always about starring under the limelight for Cooper and generating as much fame as possible.
Here, we take a look at 15 interesting facts about the 43-year-old star.
- In 1999, Cooper made his first television role with a guest appearance in Sex and the City. His first ever film role came in 2001 after he featured in Wet Hot American Summer.
- Cooper was born in Philadelphia in 1975 to an Italian mother and Irish father. He and his father would often watch films at the neighboring cinema which is widely believed where his love for film came from.
- When Cooper was filming The A-Team in 2010, his strict diet and training regime meant that he wasn’t able to enjoy his favorite snack, sandwiches. Cooper improvised to get around this unfortunate obstacle; he would cut a grape in half and pop an almond inside. Genius.
- Cooper quit drinking in the year 2004, after he continually banged his head on a concrete floor to prove he could handle it while wasted. He couldn’t, and required several stitches later that evening to patch him up. How sobering.
- Cooper missed his own graduation commencement after he was on set filming Wet Hot American Summer. Clever.
- Cooper has been tipped for the Oscars 2019 Best Director category, after his debut film A Star Is Born was nominated for this year’s awards. Nice work.
- The star put on 37 pounds for his role in American Sniper, chomping down on 6,000 calories per day. Cooper also had to endure two intense weight training workouts to suit the role of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.
- Like many stars in Hollywood, Cooper confessed that he had issues with substances as well as alcohol which led to suicidal thoughts.
- Cooper has previously been nominated for two Oscars, one for Silver Linings Playbook in 2012, and one for American Hustle in 2013. Both films, saw him star alongside Jennifer Lawrence. Scary.
- After secretly marrying Jennifer Esposito in 2006, the marriage lasted no longer than a year and Cooper has been with Russian supermodel Irina Shayk since 2015. Nice.
- Despite landing several plaudits for his role as Phil Wenneck in the Hangover trilogy, Cooper doesn’t consider himself remotely funny or hilarious. Bore.
- In 2009, Cooper auditioned for the role of Green Lantern but admitted he couldn’t help but replicate Christian Bale’s performance as Batman.
- After watching David Lynch’s The Elephant Man, Cooper realized he wanted to become an actor when he was 12-year-old. Inspiration.
- Cooper is fluent in French, and even conducted a whole interview for the Hangover Part II. Excellente.
- In 2011, Cooper was voted the ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ by People Magazine, taking the crown from Ryan Reynolds. Lovely.
Garon Cockrell is the Founder and Editor of Pop Culture Beast and host of The Pop Culture Beast Show. He founded the site over seven years ago to have a place on the internet to write about the things he loved. Since then, Garon has become a best-selling author (Demonic and Other Tales), an award winning screenwriter (Best Screenplay 2013 Motor City Nightmares Film Festival), and a cast member on the top rated podcast, Never Not Funny.