DC Collectibles announced an amazing lineup for 2016 at the New York Toy Fair this past week.
DC Collectibles announced their first ever action figure line based on DC Films! In the past Mattel’s Movie Masters Series and Kenner figures long before that were the only source for DC Film action figures, but DC has really upped their game by introducing this amazingly accurate 6in. line from Man of Steel and the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad films.
These figures will include up to 40 points of articulation, providing an almost unlimited array of poses. There is so much attention to detail on these figures that they look like they just leapt off of the screen and onto your shelf!
“This is the first time DC Collectibles has made action figures based on DC films, and with this much articulation and attention to detail, we’re not holding anything back,” said Geoff Johns, chief creative officer of DC Entertainment. “Its exciting to see our DC film slate bring to life so many great DC characters, and DC Collectibles is following suit with our action figure line. This line will include everything from Batman to Superman to Wonder Woman, and even the obscure characters that will pop up in the cinematic universe. I can’t wait for fans of our films to get their hands on these figures.”
Wave One will be available in Fall 2016 featuring Zod and Faora from Man of Steel and Armored Batman and Superman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Figures from Suicide Squad are currently set to release in 2017.
DC Collectibles is debuting their Designer Series action figure line solely dedicated to Harley Quinn. Four figures based on Amanda Conner’s most popular Harley designs straight from the pages of her solo will be available complete with custom accessories.
“I’m really excited to be a part of this new line from DC Collectibles,” said Harley Quinn artist and co-writer Amanda Conner. “It’s been a fun, wild ride over the past few years, and I’m so happy that Harley’s popularity continues to explode. Seeing my designs, and the many different personalities of Harley Quinn, brought to life as action figures is simultaneously thrilling and humbling (if that’s even possible). This toy line adds a whole new level of whacky, wonderful insanity to the Harley world, and the fans are going to love it!”
In addition, the Designer Series is getting more Greg Capullo, featuring a Hal Jordan Green Lantern, Superman, Aquaman, and a GCPD Batman 2-pack! A Darwyn Cooke Designer Series is also launching with The Flash, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, and John Stewart Green Lantern.
Now prepare to get some nostalgia as we revisit the 90s with the Batman Animated Line! These 6in. figures have proved to be one of the most popular lines among collector’s because they perfectly capture that Bruce Timm style that defined a generation of DC fans. Clayface, Harvey Bullock, Talia Al Ghul, Christmas Joker, and Ventriloquist & Scarface will be available later this year.
The New Batman Adventures line includes Joker, Harley Quinn, Firefly, and Anti-Fire Suit Batman.
The largest release of the year is the 36in. Batwing from Batman: The Animated Series. After last year’s Batmobile, the second vehicle from this line can hold two 6in. action figures.
“Our popular Batman: The Animated Series line continues to strike a nostalgic chord with fans and it’s really exciting to see the positive reception,” said Kevin Kiniry, vice president, Creative Services, at DC Entertainment. “We were the first to bring fans the Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile scaled for 6’’ action figures, and we’re very proud to also be the first to bring fans the Batwing at this scale as well.”
These are just a taste of what’s coming in 2016 from DC Collectibles so look at the full list and video announcment below:
NEW LINE – DC Films Premium 6’’ Action Figures:
- Man of Steel: Zod, Faora, Jor-El
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Armored Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor
NEW LINE – Designer Series Amanda Conner Harley Quinn 6’’ Action Figures:
- Retro Rocket Harley
- Super Hero Harley
- Classic Harley
- Holiday Harley
Batman: The Animated Series:
- New Batman: The Animated Series Action Figures: Harvey Bullock, Talia Al Ghul, Clayface, Ventriloquist & Scarface, Christmas with The Joker
- New The New Batman Adventures Action Figures: Anti-Fire Suit Batman, Firefly, Harley Quinn, The Joker
- Action Figure Packs: Girls Night Out 5-Pack; Batman Beyond 3-Pack; The New Batman Adventures 3-Pack
- Batwing (large enough to seat companion action figures in vehicle)
DC Comics Icons 6’’Action Figures:
- Accessory Packs 1 &2
- New Action Figures: Cyborg, Deathstroke, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, Batgirl Deluxe figure
- New Action Figure Packs: Darkseid and Grail 2-Pack, Justice League 7-pack
DC Comics BlueLine Action Figure
- Jim Lee Superman (includes intricately designed packaging and Jim Lee sketch)
DC Comics Bombshells:
Medium Size Statues
- Harley Quinn Red, White and Black by Amanda Conner
- DC Comics Designer Series Harley Quinn by Bruce Timm
Designer Series Action Figures:
- Greg Capullo: Aquaman, Green Lantern, Superman, Jim Gordon as Batman
- Darwyn Cooke: The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern John Stewart, Catwoman
- Action Figure Pack – GCPD Batman 2-Pack
Batman: Black & White Statues:
- Batman – Rafael Albuquerque
- The Joker – Frank Miler
- Robin – Frank Quitely
DC Super-Pets Plush
- Joker Fish
Large Scale Statue:
- DC Comics Icons Wonder Woman
Action Figure Packs:
- Wonder Woman Action Figure 3-Pack
- Arrow and The Flash TV Series Green Arrow and The Flash 2-Pack
- Batman: Arkham Knight: Batgirl & Oracle 2-Pack
With the new designs straight from DC’s big screen, comic pages, and animated universe, make some shelf space for all of these great new action figures coming from DC Collectibles in 2016!
For the latest news and reviews of DC Collectibles, keep watching Pop Culture Beast.
Kyle Dodson is a writer, comedian, Rock Solid Podcast producer, Batman aficionado, facial hair connoisseur, and oxford comma supporter.