If, like myself, you missed out on Final Fantasy XII for some reason or another, you’ll be given a chance to rectify that in 2017. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be coming to the Playstation 4 in 2017 in North America and Europe. It also has a list price of $49.99 on Amazon at the moment, but that’s always subject to change.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age bring some new features to the nearly ten year old entry in the series that was originally released on the Playstation 2.
- Upgraded the character models and cinematics to full high definition
- 7.1 surround sound support
- English and Japanese spoken language track that you can change
- High-quality voice support
- Newly recorded soundtrack utilizing the latest recording technology
- Ability to switch between the original and remastered soundtrack
- New trial mode where you can fight up to 100 consecutive battles against enemies and monsters
- Trophy and sharing support
- Shorter loading times and auto-saving
- High-speed mode with improved playability when high-speen mode is enabled
All these improvements definitely have me excited to finally play Final Fantasy XII finally. My reason for not playing this is more than a bit of a first-world problem than anything. When it first came out, I had recently just bought my first big screen HDTV and it looked pretty awful on it. I tried for a couple of hours but I just could not get past the infamous PS2 “jaggies” blown up to that large of a scale. Thankfully, this will take care of that and I don’t have to sound like a superficial asshole when I explain to someone why I haven’t played it before.
Check out the official teaser trailer as well as some screen shots below.
I like video games. Talk to me about video games and I'll never shut up. Anything else? Yeah, you're probably on your own.