For serious gamers, any engaging game is nothing without the best technology to play it. Modern gamers spend more ranging from the opseat gaming chair to any other accessories for obvious reasons. Gaming gears play a critical role in users gaming skills over and above making the play smoother and more entertaining. In fact, they can give you an edge against your opponent. Therefore, having the best gadgets and accessories will undoubtedly enhance your gaming experience. Below we have prepared a list of top gaming accessories in the gaming world.
- Advanced Gaming Keyboard
A gaming keyboard is a must-have accessory for PC gamers and can take your gaming experience to another level. When shopping for a keyboard that is dedicated to gaming, there are several important factors you need to consider:
- A full-sized keyboard with the keys well-spaced – This allows comfortable play for hours
- Mechanical keys rather than membrane keys – Helps to prevent hand strain.
- Macro Functions – Enables you to customize programmable keys to accomplish several actions, giving you a lot of options and combinations.
- Custom Control Pads – For ease control of your characters in the game.
- Multimedia Functions – An ideal keyboard for gaming should have shortcuts to perform a number of basic multimedia functions such as volume and brightness control among others.
- High-end Gaming Mouse
Not every mouse is suitable for gaming. For effective gameplay, you should invest in a mouse that has additional features to facilitate seamless PC gaming. Some of the important features to consider when choosing a gaming mouse include:
- Dots per Inches (DPI) – This determines the sensitivity of the mouse. The higher the DPI, the more the mouse detects even the smallest movements during the play.
- Acceleration – Some gaming skills depend on how quickly the player can move the mouse. The higher the acceleration speed, the better the experience.
- Programmable buttons – The difference between a gaming mouse and the normal optical mouse is the additional customizable buttons, which provide quick access to several functions/ actions. A single of these buttons can be programmed to replace complex keystrokes, allowing you to play more easily.
- Polling Rate – Smooth gaming requires a highly responsive mouse to avoid lags within clicks. Consider a mouse with a polling rate of 250 Hz or higher.
- Ergonomic Gaming Chair
On average, gamers spend at least 8 hours gaming per sitting irrespective of whether they are playing on a PC, PS4 or Xbox One. For this reason, one of the most valuable investment for a game is a comfortable gaming seat. This enables healthy posture to allow long hours playing without back-pain or neck problems. The minimum features of a great gaming chair should be:
- Inclining backrest – A supportive back that can incline to a certain angle to allow switch posture for different phases of the game.
- Adjustable height – The height allows proper leg angle to allow blood circulations to prevent leg problems like swelling or dead feet.
- Arm-rest – To rest your arms when tackling difficult challenges of the game. If you can afford a model with armrests that can be adjusted to various angles and heights, the more comfort you can attain.
- Other advanced features – You could look for other features such as neck pad, rotating base, wheels, and feet rest among others.
- Racing Simulators
If you enjoy racing games on your PS4, then a racing simulator will definitely fascinate you. There are a number of PS4 steering wheel options, similar to the traditional arcade-style simulators. Modern racing simulators are complete with acceleration and brake pedals, gear and steering wheel. Some high-end simulators have advanced controls that place you on the driver seat while without switching or moving your gaming chair.
- High-Grade HeadPhones
Any hard-core gamer would cherish the theatrical immersion offered by high-quality headphones with surround sound and a mic for chatting. Gaming headphones are available in wired options, which require tethering through USB, dongle or audio jack. Besides, there are many headsets that are not specialized in gaming but with the bass effect enhanced, these gears will offer you even better gaming experience than ever. Wireless options offer an extra level of convenience but are more expensive than their alternatives. Some of the features to consider include:
- Design – Look for headphones that is design for comfort and beauty.
- Compatibility – Choose an option that works seamlessly with your console. Universal headsets are the best as they are compatible with any console and PC.
- Mic – Great gaming headsets should have a mic, which for some models is detachable when not needed.
- Quality of sound – Look for headsets with high-quality speakers and noise filtering.
The beauty of any game lies in the availability of technology to play on. For every gaming platform, a number of accessories make playing easier and more entertaining. The bottom line is purchasing accessories that best suit your preferred console and style of play to help you get the most from the game.
Garon Cockrell is the Founder and Editor of Pop Culture Beast and host of The Pop Culture Beast Show. He founded the site over seven years ago to have a place on the internet to write about the things he loved. Since then, Garon has become a best-selling author (Demonic and Other Tales), an award winning screenwriter (Best Screenplay 2013 Motor City Nightmares Film Festival), and a cast member on the top rated podcast, Never Not Funny.