Stormfall: Age of War is a browser-based MMO strategy game set in the kingdom of Darkshine, the game takes place in a fictional historical setting requiring gamers to use their best abilities in order to engage in castle building, in resources management and PvP warfare under the guidance of Lord Oberon, protector of Stormfall. The game has a top-down isometric camera angle and retro 2D graphics.
Stormfall: Age of War is a 2D strategy MMO (MMORTS) available free online on Plarium browser. Each player is required to build their own medieval base, upgrade structures, and use those structures to build military units. Military units can raid enemy bases, defend your own base, and be used to participate in group warfare thanks to the game’s League system.
Lord Oberon’s tutorial gives new objectives each day along with tasks that lead each player from the beginning of the game and act as a long guide which ultimately allows each player to advance in the game.
Stormfall: Age of War Key Features are quite interesting and make the game so popular:
- Fully voiced-acted sarcastic narrator named Lord Oberon.
- Browser based empire building strategy game with focus on PvP,
- Real time interface
- Retro Age of Empires 2 style top-down isometric graphics.
Stormfall: Age of War is a time-based MMORTS similar to Travian, complete with customizable armies, buildings, quests, and RPG elements. The background story of the game poses the lands of Darkshine in turmoil, as rival Lords battle over the remnants of the once-great Stormfall Empire. The objective is to unite the empire so it can be free from the oppression of the evil Lords.
It is very important for each player to fortify and defend his own castle both from the enemy and of course from the other players. The key to success is to raise troops, and protect the people within the kingdom.
- Castles: It is important to upgrade, develop, and customize the Castle within each player’s domain, this impacts the chances of success upon the battlefield.
- Lost Arts: Each gamer needs to collect ancient Scrolls to piece together the Lost Arts. Each day the Scribe will decipher one Scroll, but it is also possible to trade Scrolls with other Lords at the Market in order to obtain other resources.
- Strategy: Plan carefully and cooperate with other Lords in your League in order to defeat the Hordes of Balur and rival Leagues, this way each player can earn both Individual and League achievements and powerful special attributes.
The core to success in Stormfall: Age of War is to develop the ability to control the territory, otherwise any action, whether diplomatic, defensive or aggressive will become meaningless, this is the main reason why strategic thinking is very important.
More PCB Gaming Updates and Opinion
Garon Cockrell is the Founder and Editor of Pop Culture Beast and host of The Pop Culture Beast Show. He founded the site over seven years ago to have a place on the internet to write about the things he loved. Since then, Garon has become a best-selling author (Demonic and Other Tales), an award winning screenwriter (Best Screenplay 2013 Motor City Nightmares Film Festival), and a cast member on the top rated podcast, Never Not Funny.